When it comes to sprucing up your yard, there are more uses for landscape boulders than you can shake a stick at. Some of them might not be overly obvious, which is why we would like to offer these suggestions to help you in coming up with new ideas of your own.
- Stack flat boulders in a tiered fashion and then plant ferns or shorter ornamental grasses around them. This is an especially nice way to accent a slope that might otherwise go unnoticed.
- Place them near a garden path for added visual interest. Add some potted plants or colorful flowers around them to help jazz them up a little.
- Create a retaining wall with medium-sized boulders, and then place a fountain or waterfall over top of them, allowing water to cascade gently down the front.
- Arrange boulders in different sizes around a garden pond, and then add native grasses or flowering shrubs to help give it a more natural look.
- Use them as rustic seating around an outdoor fire pit or fireplace.
- Make a set of stairs going up a hillside out of flat boulders, and then plant small trees or evergreen shrubs to give it a woodsy appearance.
- Create a focal point underneath a tree by placing an oversized boulder there and then planting hostas around it.
- Mark the end of your driveway with a large boulder, and plant some colorful flowers in front of it for emphasis.
These are just a few of the ways you can incorporate landscaping boulders into your garden design. When coming up with ideas, feel free to mix and match different stones to create a look that is truly your own. Want even more landscaping ideas? If so, contact us.