When designing the perfect landscape for your home, consider adding a flagstone patio. This diverse and versatile stone is the perfect accent to any hardscape project. Flagstone is ideal for creating walkways, driveways, patios, garden borders, and even fireplaces.
Advantages of Adding a Flagstone Patio to Your Home Landscape
- Flagstone is highly durable and is least less likely to crack or warp when exposed to the elements. Termites and other pests will not damage flagstone like they would wood-type patios.
- Flagstone is always available. Because flagstone is a common use-type material it is more cost effective than some other, more rare types of decorative stone. When requesting flagstone for your project, your landscape artist will more than likely have a variety of color choices readily available.
- Flagstone is easy to work with, allowing your landscape artist to create your dream patio at a more suitable price.
Because flagstone is offered in a variety of textures, colors, and styles, it will always be a “perfect fit” to any landscape project.
- Flagstone stands the test of time. Patios and other hardscape structures like walkways are considered highly tread areas. The layered composition of flagstone allows it to work well in high-traffic areas around your home.
- The natural surface area of flagstone promotes traction. Textured curves and ridges naturally akin to flagstone are non-slip and do not promote water pooling. This is ideal when using flagstone in walkways, driveways, and patios.
When choosing the right stone accents for your home or commercial building, contact the experts at Irwin Stone. For over 60 years, the professionals at Irwin have supplied Masons, Contractors, and Landscapers with the highest quality stone in the Washington Metropolitan Area.20